Sunday, March 17, 2013

Finally... Salted Egg Prawns Recipe (Resep Udang goreng Telor Asin)



It has been years since I tried my first salted egg prawns and been wondering for the recipe through some unsuccessful attempts ever since, finally I found the recipe in youtube :) I tried it (though I didn't use curry leafs since I don't have it at the time) after combining some recipe and it is delicious!!! But afterwards I kinda got worried for the cholesterol level from the prawns and egg yolk :D

Anyway... for those who doesn't have to concern for their cholesterol level or just taking a "diet vacation" day, here's the recipe :

Ingredients :
Boiled salted egg
- 300 - 500 gr medium large sized shrimps, cut the back from the head to the tail make sure not to cut them in 2, leave the head & legs intact (you can cut the sharp front head part with scissors, which I did to avoid being punctured while eating)
- Corn starch / Tapioca / Potato starch (around 3-5 tbsp)
- Oil to deep fry
- 1-2 boiled salted egg yolks, mashed
- 5-10 curry leafs
- 2-3 birdseye chili paddies, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tbsp milk powder
- Sugar to taste

How to make :

- Dip shrimps into Corn starch / Tapioca / Potato starch, put aside
- After making sure the oil is hot enough, deep fry the shrimps until golden, set aside
- Prepare your wok, add in the oil and butter till it melts
- Add the curry leafs and chili into the oil, mix in the mashed salted egg yolks
- Turn down a bit the heat, after adding the salted egg yolk the mixture will become foamy, you can add the sugar in this stage if you wanted (but I didn't add any of it since the milk powder I used already sweet enough)
- Once it tuned golden yellow color, time to add the prawns, make sure all the foam covers all the prawns
- Finally sprinkle the milk powder on top all of it, since this will dry up the salted egg coating to the prawn.

It's soooo good I can't stop eating till it's finished :)

By the way here's the youtube link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxMBu4NGXWY
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1tANM9PPI


No comments: